Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On 06/09/2021 01:32 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
A few decent places around here. We have a cop here that speaks Italian that
has been called on 5x the times of the Spanish speaking one. Whoda thunk?

I was driving down a narrow street in Fall River when a little girl ran
out between two parked cars, fell, skinned her knee, and took off
running. She didn't come in contact with the car but I figured I'd
better pursue it anyway. The bodega knew the kid and where she lived so
the cop and I went there. Heated discussion in Portuguese ensued. The
cop said 'Don't get worried. They're just tearing the kid a new one for
playing in traffic.'

The cop also gave me a dose of reality. Kid, police report, ER added up
to my insurance was paying even though all witnesses and the kid agreed
she just fell over her own feet.

Lovecraft got a lot of inspiration out of that part of the world. About
46% of the population of Fall River is Portuguese so I imagine fluency
is a job requirement for a cop.