Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 10/06/2021 00:16, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:44:19 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Thats not my understanding of how they operate.

And you would be right.

You sure you arent projecting ?

Of course he is, so he's desperately trolling to try to get me to
engage with him when I won't (no matter what lies he tells or BS he
makes up).

I'm not the one creating threads like this, and I only respond to
correct your lies. If you call correcting lies, tolling, then so be it.

Daughter said she was going to go from a vegetarian to vegan (after
considering how dairy / eggs also exploited animals) in Veganurary
2020 and we said we would try it with her, partly to support her
efforts / good intentions and partly because we thought it would be 'a
good thing'.

We hadn't been buying / drinking cows milk, cheese or yogurt for 5
years previously (but would sometimes have cows milk when out if
offered tea / coffee and they didn't have any alternatives).

Wasn't that from a medical issue? One member of the family was given
goats milk, but they can now consume normal cows milk.

We had also been cutting back on our red meat over a similar period
and weren't big meat eaters before that. I'd also not eaten much
outside the few main species we typically eat in the UK (cow, sheep,
pig, chicken ...) and the Mrs has had rabbit a handful of times via
her Ex's Mum but would never choose it if it was available as an
option.

Once we had started only eating non-animal based foods and as we
learned more about the sort of things that go on 'behind the scenes'
in the livestock industry we became even more determined to never go
back there again.

So why not improve those behind the scenes issues? Why are you so dead
against improvements in animal welfare?

So se don't ... and given I do all the shopping and cooking and so
could easily buy / cook meat if I wanted, I don't because *I* don't
want to. The Mrs feels the same and is not only very happy with the
food I prepare for her, is actually amazed how I can so quickly and
easily come up with so many different things that are both tasty and
reasonably nutritionally balanced. That's not to say we still don't
eat junk / chocolate / crisps now and again (I have 10 bars of dark
chocolate in the fridge as we speak), we are just eating better more
often.

The Mrs is looking forward to the lockdown easing properly because she
really needs to get some new jeans as she's lost quite a bit of
weight. I also no longer have to squeeze into fresh jeans and had to
make some extra holes in my belt.

Tonight we walked to the local park to water some memorial trees for a
friend, then we walked to my Mums to water her plants for her before
walking home. When we got in I did more pretend chicken salad wraps
and the Mrs was saying how impressed she is with the consistency /
spread of the contents throughout the wrap, especially compared with
the chicken donor / salad wraps we used to get from the kebab shop.
;-)

I just need to get some vegan garlic sauce as we used to like a drop
of that in our kebabs / wraps.

That all sounds very nice. Why can't all your posts be like this?