Doug Kanter

Default Efficient use of Air conditioner

"tom" wrote in message
om...
Can not convince wife about two things. Just want to bring it here for
a serious judgement:

You must be young. You will soon learn that with regard to climate control,
women are completely out of their minds. There's simply no point in arguing.
If she wants to waste money doing the wrong thing, let her.

In my wing of my office building, there are 3 small offices, one of which is
mine. Three separate tenants, in other words. The thermostat is in the
office next door. Three women work in that office, ranging in age from 30 to
60. At almost any time of year, I couldn't figure out how to dress
comfortably because of the huge temperature swings. It got to the point
where I brought in a recording thermometer that I use around the garden. In
any 8 hour day, the temp would vary as much as 20 degrees. The ladies
thought this was funny. Finally, the landlord put a locked box over the
thermostat and set it for 72. The ladies swore the temp was all over the
place, so the landlord brought in a digital recording thermometer. (Big
office park, well equipped). It showed a temp range of about 2 degrees
either side of 72. End of problem.

Just give up.