Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen to be banned

In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 17:14:45 UTC+1, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 15:19:56 UTC+1, Mark Carver wrote:
There is also the theatre where halogen lamps are still in use in
significant quantities.

Operating theatres too?

And vehicle headlights :-)

Illegal for LED headlights at present, I believe.

Owain

Do you mean to claim that LED headlights are at present illegal?

Shame no-one told VAG a few years ago when they made my car.

Just another reg thought up by either civil servants with zero technical
knowledge or pressure groups with self interests.

In theory fitting replacement headlamp bulbs is now an MOT fail. Although
not sure how the tester is going to know they are fitted, since he's not
allowed to dismantle anything. Poor beam control causing dazzle is already
covered in an MOT - although I often wonder how some factory fits pass
this.

--
*If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.