Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 16:22:46 +0100, Scott
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 16:11:48 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 15:57:24 +0100, Scott
wrote:

snip

Even better, you can get direct substitutes. I bought two four foot
long LED tubes for the utility room, which fitted the existing ballast
after replacing the starter with a dummy.

I've *just* picked up a high output 5' LED florry replacement for a
fitting in the study / workshop but the fitting is electronic so I'm
going to have to bypass all the 'guts'.

Did it not come with a replacement 'starter', which just shorts out
the starter unit or does this only work with non-electronic ballasts
(as mine was)?

The main reason for doing it isn't (primarily) the light but the hope
it will get rid of the mains hum ... ;-(

It achieved that.

PS Now I remember. I think it comes as two versions: one for
electronic ballasts and one for non-electronic. Mine was the latter
(which I think is easier).