Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen to be banned

In article ,
Scott wrote:
I thought contrast between the characters and the page was important.
I had a neighbour who had macular degeneration and she found that CFL
lamps made it very difficult to see, likewise sodium lamps outside.

Low pressure sodium, yes. As that is very narrow spectrum. I'm surprised
any domestic light made much difference. Except, of course CFL, claiming
to be much brighter than they were. So if she substituted a claimed 60
watt equivalent, it was likely a lot dimmer.

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.