Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , charles
wrote:
In article , tim...
wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

they'll be forded to make a LED bulb for PL-S format bulbs, which
are currently next to impossible to find

I got some chinesium ones from amazon couple of years ago, when
they were hard to finf here, they're still working, but

https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/led-lights/led-cfl/pl-s-led-bulbs

Unfortunately they are the "longer" form and we need the shorter ones

And I doubt anyone would force anyone to manufacture them if they
weren't already, you could just buy new fittings ...

but that's not realistic in a "corporate" environment when you have
50 of them in situ (that's 50 lamp fittings = 100 bulbs)

This is no diy job, the management wouldn't allow it.

and getting a *qualified* man in to do it is going to add thousands
to the bill, so that we can save pennies in electricity costs (we
already use 7W CFL bulbs)

These are a standard bulkhead light of the type where there must be
100s of thousands already installed

There is also the theatre where halogen lamps are still in use in
significant quantities.

LEDs should make the TV racks man's life easier. Not the same change in
colour temperature when dimmed. And give the AC a better chance of coping.

I ws thinking about the capital cost of replacing said fixtures.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England