Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen to be banned

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article , tim...
wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

they'll be forded to make a LED bulb for PL-S format bulbs, which are
currently next to impossible to find

I got some chinesium ones from amazon couple of years ago, when they
were hard to finf here, they're still working, but

https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/led-lights/led-cfl/pl-s-led-bulbs

Unfortunately they are the "longer" form and we need the shorter ones

And I doubt anyone would force anyone to manufacture them if they
weren't already, you could just buy new fittings ...

but that's not realistic in a "corporate" environment when you have 50 of
them in situ (that's 50 lamp fittings = 100 bulbs)

This is no diy job, the management wouldn't allow it.

and getting a *qualified* man in to do it is going to add thousands to
the bill, so that we can save pennies in electricity costs (we already
use 7W CFL bulbs)

These are a standard bulkhead light of the type where there must be 100s
of thousands already installed

There is also the theatre where halogen lamps are still in use in
significant quantities.

LEDs should make the TV racks man's life easier. Not the same change in
colour temperature when dimmed. And give the AC a better chance of coping.

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.