Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

In article , tim...
wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

they'll be forded to make a LED bulb for PL-S format bulbs, which are
currently next to impossible to find

I got some chinesium ones from amazon couple of years ago, when they
were hard to finf here, they're still working, but

https://www.any-lamp.co.uk/led-lights/led-cfl/pl-s-led-bulbs

Unfortunately they are the "longer" form and we need the shorter ones

And I doubt anyone would force anyone to manufacture them if they
weren't already, you could just buy new fittings ...

but that's not realistic in a "corporate" environment when you have 50 of
them in situ (that's 50 lamp fittings = 100 bulbs)

This is no diy job, the management wouldn't allow it.

and getting a *qualified* man in to do it is going to add thousands to
the bill, so that we can save pennies in electricity costs (we already
use 7W CFL bulbs)

These are a standard bulkhead light of the type where there must be 100s
of thousands already installed

There is also the theatre where halogen lamps are still in use in
significant quantities.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England