Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Deposits for pub/restaurant tables

In article ,
ARW wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57384595

has reminded me about something that happened about 20 years ago.

The wife was offered a part time job as a waitress in a pub restaurant.

She was was also told what her uniform must look like and that she had
to supply her own uniform.

All went well until she turned up for work, on time, for her first shift
and was then told that she was no longer needed.

I used to be a ******* in those days.

For weeks I used to make fake booking on Friday and Saturday nights to
waste the pubs time and money.

I nearly got "rumbled" after several weeks. I booked a table for 20 and
the pub asked for a deposit. I [1] paid the deposit and 20 of us turned
up at the correct time for the booking. I [2] got the deposit back
whilst ordering drinks and then we all ****ed off out of the pub leaving
20 unpaid and undrunk drinks on the bar.

[1] My money but a mate went in and paid for it.
[2] Same mate from [1]

When I read your posts I realise what a very dull life I've lead. ;-)

--
*The modem is the message *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.