Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz[_2_] Tim Schwartz[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic PV-4800 VCR Timer Recording Issue

To the best of my memory (which can be foggy) you must also program the
stop time. Perhaps find a copy of the owner's manual and re-read the
section about programming?

Regards,
Tim

On 6/8/2021 8:08 AM, wrote:
Hi,

My 1988 Panasonic PV-4800 VCR has an issue with Timer Recording.

I can set a time to make a recording, turn off the VCR and the Timer
indicator is lit. However, when the time to record arrives, the VCR
does NOT record. The Timer indicator is still lit.

I had tried this Timer Recording more than once with the same
results. Of course the tape is recordable (tab not removed).

Any ideas?

Thank You in advance, John