Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 09:24:50 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

Please explain how so-called 'rewilding' pays the bills ?

Grants. Keep up ...

You mean TAXES

Strange, that link says it's grants that *pay* the people to do it?

https://www.gov.uk/countryside-stewardship-grants

You either leave it to nature (costs nothing) or pay someone who is
stuck there [1] to look after it for us all.

If ypu are going to use (mostly) English taxes to pay those
grants,

Obscure statement 1.

then they might as well use animals to take care of the
management (which they do, very effectively) and a useful byproduct
is food for the people who live there to make sure the animals
don't escape.

Or not. A much kinder way than exploiting animals is to just let it
rewild like it would have been before we turned up. Yes, ideally those
people would just **** off and stop being a burden on others trying to
have their subsistence life when the world won't support that number
of people that way.

What's more, now we have escaped the EU we could ditch all those
idiotic regulations that forced the closure of many abbatoirs and
resulted in animals being transported longer distances.

Or, we could stop the idiotic approach of considering sentient beings
as food when we don't need to?

Cheers, T i m

[1] Many who were born in the back of beyond don't want to live in
isolation in shift and mud all their lives and move to the towns.

p.s. I saw on Countryfile where they were offering old farmers money
to **** off to allow new people in (who would have a more 'forward
thinking' attitude towards the environment).

Or not, or the same. What makes you think that existing farmers
don't care about the environment ?.

I didn't, the Countryfile report on what the government were doing
did. Existing long term farmers are similar to existing long term
carnists in that they are lest likely to be sufficiently forward
thinking to be willing to change. They are 'more likely' to be 'stuck
in their ways'.

From what I can see it is the
regular invasion of (younger) townies, damaging dry-stone walls,
and leaving crap (literally), single-use plastic and bbqs everywhere
who care the least about the environment.

Ah, you are now trying to conflate inconsiderate 'visitors' to the
country with people choosing to live there.

It would be like saying 'bloody countryfolk driving their tractors /
Series Landrovers on the public highways, causing all sorts delays to
townies in proper cars and dropping their mud everywhere ... (that the
taxpayer has to pay to clean up).'

Cheers, T i m