Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Light 3 core silicone mains cable?

It makes it more stiff though. I remember my old Iron which when it was cold
in my shed was more like a solid rod than flexible cable and even though it
was shrouded by silicon, it did not stop it from melting underneath, sadly.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
On 08/06/2021 12:13, T i m wrote:
I can't seem to find a supplier of definable lengths of light silicone
3 core flex to use on things like soldering irons, hot melt glue guns,
small heat guns and the like. The sort of thing that can either get
hot itself or might be where I'm also working with something that is
hot (like a soldering iron).

It's not only for it's tolerance to heat but because often these
things come with a fairly cheap / stiff type of cable that makes it
less accurate to use and can also stop it from being put down and have
it stay (like the hot melt glue gun might be twisted off it's small
stand by the fact that the cable is too unwieldy)? ;-(

I have found loads of places selling 1.2-1.5m lengths of the sort of
thing I want:

https://www.rapidonline.com/antex-re...ng-irons-30215

But I was hoping to be able to buy it in a longer length to cut it
down but not sure I could justify a 50-100m roll (also in the hope it
might be cheaper that way)?

Any pointers appreciated etc (trolls need not reply) ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

If you can't get exactly what you want, how about using ordinary
lightweight mains cable with silicon tube as sleeving? Or with heatproof
sleeving such as
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/Sleeving_1/index.html,
but of greater diameter?

--