Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 08/06/2021 15:51, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:11:23 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

And they do have shops in Scotland now you know? ;-)

You should visit some of these crofts and you might be amazed
how far you have to drive your diesel vehicle to get there,

I have, and it was on a petrol motorcycle (doing 50 mpg). ;-)

and
how far they have to drive to get to a 'shop'.

Ah yes, and for all those *choosing* to move there or even stay there,
it's part of the cost of living there.

eg. We *choose* to holiday in the country but we accept that it's not
as convenient as living a walk from everything.

Please explain how so-called 'rewilding' pays the bills ?

Grants. Keep up ...

You mean TAXES

https://www.gov.uk/countryside-stewardship-grants

You either leave it to nature (costs nothing) or pay someone who is
stuck there [1] to look after it for us all.

If ypu are going to use (mostly) English taxes to pay those
grants, then they might as well use animals to take care of the
management (which they do, very effectively) and a useful byproduct
is food for the people who live there to make sure the animals
don't escape.

What's more, now we have escaped the EU we could ditch all those
idiotic regulations that forced the closure of many abbatoirs and
resulted in animals being transported longer distances.

Cheers, T i m

[1] Many who were born in the back of beyond don't want to live in
isolation in shift and mud all their lives and move to the towns.

p.s. I saw on Countryfile where they were offering old farmers money
to **** off to allow new people in (who would have a more 'forward
thinking' attitude towards the environment).

Or not, or the same. What makes you think that existing farmers
don't care about the environment ?. From what I can see it is the
regular invasion of (younger) townies, damaging dry-stone walls,
and leaving crap (literally), single-use plastic and bbqs everywhere
who care the least about the environment.