Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default There's a frog in my Radio 4

On 09/06/2021 07:55, Andrew wrote:

Just been watching Dragons Den on BBC2 and at 08:30 the picture
pixellated on HD then froze.

A quick check for signal strength showed either nothing or
almost nothing on 48, 36, 35, 34, and 33 but ok on 29, so
Quest is fine but everything else has gone.

Then I tried Radio 4 FM on my Phillips cassette/radio at
the back of the house (south) and that cannot get a stereo
signal on 92.9 from the IoW. Just rotating the analogue
slightly up the dial and a French voice comes through
loudly, and clearer than R4. Rowridge is about 45 miles
away to the South West, but I have never had this sort of
co-channel interference before.

How far north is this getting I wonder ?.

Cornwall currently has a total ban on over-flights, perhaps they've
blotted out FM radio as well. Something to do with the G7 f*ck-fest,
perhaps.

--
Spike