Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default Large screen TV

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Joey wrote:
I am very short sighted and have never had a problem with my prescribed
glasses.

My optician did the autorefractor followed by the test with various
lenses the last time just recently.

For decades I chose to wear the glasses that work best for the computer
screen at about full arms length from my face even when out and about.
The main downside with that approach is that you can fail to recognise
people at a distance when out and about.

I take it you don't drive?

Yes I do and can read the small street signs with the
street name on them and the car number plates fine.

I should have said that its only a problem recognising people
when they are a long way away, hundreds of feet away.