Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
robert robert is offline

Default How do you memorise 6-digit authentication codes?

On 08/06/2021 19:52, MB wrote:
On 14/05/2021 14:53, Andrew wrote:
On 14/05/2021 13:16, Pamela wrote:
A web site sends you 6-digit number to your phone to check your ID. Do
you memorise this by saying to yourself:Â* 12-34-56 or 123-456?

It's a genuine question to see what number span people are using to
remember random numbers.

Bank card Pin numbers are 4 digits because that is all that most people
can manage to remember.

just write it down somewhere that only you can access, or split
it into 3 groups of 2 digits and try and convert them into the
ascii equivalent which, it you are lucky, might give you a 3-character
code which is easier to remember.

The authentification codes are only used once so need to take precautions.

I had problems with one site when I foolishly entered the 6 digit number
as displayed ### ### by the authenticator i.e. with a space between the
groups of 3 digits instead of as a 6 digit number as required. No error
message just a failure to login.
Many sites give you 2 x 3 digit boxes to type in to help idiots like me !