Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Vaccine causes virus mutations?

On Jun 7, 2021 at 7:30:09 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

but I have found multiple sources saying 70% is what they think would
do it.

None that base that on any rigorous science.

In the past I had seen 80-90%.

Its even higher than that now with the new more virulent
strains but not known with any certainty yet.

I would not be surprised -- but do you have cites to back that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_reproduction_number

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...ants/100190414

Can you quote where they speak of the number of vaccinated people needed for
herd immunity?

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...h-covid19.html

That doesnt say that it only needs to get to 70%.

"What we know about coronavirus so far suggests that,

Suggests isnt your original absolute.

These comments are meant as best guesses, not absolutes.

Easy to say after you have been picked up on your original claim.

Easy to say for those of us who speak English.

I have no issue with a clarification... but I have no desire for such games.

if we were really to go back to a pre-pandemic lifestyle, we would need
at least 70% of the population

At least isnt the same as your original.

to be immune to keep the rate of infection down (€śachieve herd
immunity€ť) without restrictions on activities."

You ignored this part.

No need to comment on that bit, it was what herd immunity is about.

The part about herd immunity is key to the point about herd immunity.

New York close to 70%

Even that isnt clear.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...a-vaccine-dose

That isnt saying that its close to 70%.

Just one politician has made that claim without
citing any scientific basis for making that claim.

Do you have contrary data?

You do not. OK.

He made the claim.

He gets to provide the data that substantiates that claim.

Thats how it works.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow