Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim[_100_] Jim[_100_] is offline

Default Old table saw 110/220 motor bogs down when cutting

I recently purchased an old Craftsman table saw that has a one horsepower motor on it. It can be ran off 110 or 220 volts. Since it was missing the plug that plugs into a receptacle, I put a new male plug on the end. I turned it on and it ran great until I tried to cut a 1 inch thick piece of pine. Almost immediately the motor bogged down. I unplugged it and took the small access plate off the side of the motor and going by the 110/220 wiring schematic on the motor determined the motor was set up for 220 volts although I plugged it up to a 110 volt outlet. I changed the wires the way the schematic showed for 110 and it now works great with plenty of power.
I just hope this helps someone else before the replace a good motor or saw.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...g-3124253-.htm