Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default DELTA 40-601 W/STAND

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 10:37:44 PM UTC-4, Markem618 wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 21:50:43 -0400, wrote:

WTF are you talking about? Look at the headers. It's the SAME troll.

So the web page post all through the same entry point for all the its
users. So it is only one person who is a trolling this group. Your
logic has some large holes in it.

In addition, while these posts may be click bait in an attempt to draw
traffic to the homeowners hub site, I don't think what we are seeing fits
*any* of the various definitions of internet trolling.

In what way do any of the posts that we are seeing "intentionally try to
instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community"?

Where are the "inflammatory messages designed to provoke emotional

Who is trying to "deliberately provoke others online, by saying inflammatory
and offensive things"?

Here's some examples of recent posts that were deemed to be trolling.

- Woody (allegedly) has a tool to sell.
- Patrick (allegedly) uses a Roomba 960 in his shop. (He even offered a
suggestion related to a better model to use.)
- TonyL mentioned that he (allegedly) used to work for the Frog Tool Co.

Where's the instigation of conflict, the disruption of a civil discussion or the
deliberate provocation through inflammatory language?

Do I like that homeowners hub is "stealing" wRec content and most likely
making a profit off it? No. However, that doesn't make a troll out of any
(alleged) user whose post gets forward here by their system. Regardless
of whether the (alleged) users are fake or not, they aren't - by definition - trolls.