Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default c section bowden cable outer

On 08/06/2021 09:29, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 05:53:52 -0000 (UTC), Chris Holmes
wrote:

snip

What is it OOI you are trying to achieve here? (genuine question).

snip

Purely to do with the look.

Ok. Thanks for coming back to us.

I dont like lengths of exposed inner,
especially when one is rather tarnished.

I suppose if they are tarnished they might 'stand out' more than if
they were new / untarnished.

I was initially thinking some kind of outer would provide protection
against further corrosion. But then I thought it might harbour water and
make matters worse.

Are you near the coast or something Chris and/or does you bike live
outside as I don't think any of the Bowden inners are tarnished on any
of our bikes and they are all pretty old now?

+1

Inners are pretty cheap and new ones fairly easy to thread though ...
it also give you the chance to flush out the outers and generally
clean out and lube the guides etc?

If it's stains / corrosion you want to avoid go for stainless:

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/cables/c...cable-w5089ss/

Cheers, T i m

+1