Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Premium Bonds

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 05/06/2021 15:56, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:52:58 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Well that is five £25 wins in five months since I started...is this
normal ?

Depends how big your holding is, I'd say, and how recently it was
purchased. Recent purchases win more often than older ones because
there are more of them, so a large holding purchased in the last 12
months will produce more winners than a similarly large holding
purchased, say, five or ten years ago.
I've invested £3,000 over the last 18 months and haven't won anything.

A £2 bond that I bought in December 1965 won me £25 in 2014.

actually a 1 pound bond won you the prize

all bonds are for one pound, they just tinker with the minimum purchase from
time to time.

According to the RPI tables I would have needed to win £37 just
to get my spending power back though.