Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC for water main?

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 16:33:58 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 1:57:14 PM UTC-7, Deguza wrote:

One more question folks:

What is the best practice (I will also ask the city if I can get hold of them!):

Do I change the line all the way to the water company junction, or can I do a partial replacement? There is a portion of the line that is under the sidewalk. I am trying to avoid breaking the sidewalk concrete and start from the edge of it.

Thanks,

Al

If you dig down on both sides you can probably "jet" the pipe under
the sidewalk. I shot a 2" pipe 22 feet under my garage.
Ymmv depending on your soil.
Under a sidewalk should be trivial unless this is bank run gravel.
(more rock than dirt)