Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 07/06/2021 16:42, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 15:58:14 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 07/06/2021 15:23, Richard wrote:
On 07/06/2021 15:16, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 14:13:44 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

A win win, that any sane vegan ought to support.

Erm, I'm not sure you have yet grasped the whole 'not exploiting
animals' (as lawn mowers or fertilisation units even) yet? ;-)

Sorry John, seems like we're stuck with the other version.

Well I did specify sane :-)

The idea is we (those who care about the miss/treatment of animals in
2021) aim high then it's not so much of an issue if we fall short.

The usual technique is bit-wise slow changes. Going for broke tend to
leave you penniless and achieving nothing.

So,
if we say 'none' we mean 'as few as possible' and whilst a single
unnecessary death is still one too many, we would start with those
creatures who also live the worst 'lives' first and work back from
there.

Does this mean you'll going to support initiative that improve animal
welfare? For you that will be a first.

So, yer stereotypical (2% representative) beef cow raised on grass
(and ignoring the fact that it's killed whilst very young, making the
death particularly 'unkind') would be further down the 'list' than
those who spend their (short) lives in a concrete feed lot (inc in the
UK).

I don't think the dead cow is going to be very aware of anything.

Regarding sanity, I think most people would judge the idea of killing
something when it's death wasn't necessary might put a question mark
on the sanity of such a choice? Well, till you tell them it's for 5
minutes of taste and *specifically* that they don't have to see, let
alone do it themselves ...

Not just taste, but all those nutrients we don't get from plant food.
Without which a child's brain development is stunted.

History will tell just how sane we have been ... ;-)

Quite.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04sh6zg

In your dreams.