Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 20:33:18 +0100, John Bryan
wrote:
snip

It is only charged to 80% capacity and allowed to discharge to 40%, this
preserves the cells.

Understood.

The energy monitor inside the car normally has one bar left.

So it knows there is 40% left but inhibits you using it any further?

Yes and it then starts the petrol engine being a hybrid car.

Understood (I should have said 'inhibits it using it on battery alone
any further' ...).

OOI, is there an 'emergency, take it down to (say) 20% option', (user
option, rather than workshop / tech) in case you were out of fuel and
wanted to get somewhere safe?

Not that I understand you can go that far on battery alone (especially
a depleted one). ;-)

Cheers, T i m