Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_3_] TimR[_3_] is offline

Default Drier plug ark and have no power

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 4:32:30 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
The first house I lived in had a fuse box and there were two 60 amp
fuses in a holder. You pulled the holder out, and while I would not do
it, you can put it back in upside down to keep the hole plugged up but
the power off.

Why not? I thought that was okay.

(Obviously I would be the only one working on it, and at home. There's no way that would meet OSHA Zero Energy State or LockoutTagout in a work situation.)

Then on the other hand - maybe better to lock the holder in your glove compartment just to be sure.