Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 12:01:39 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
Spike wrote:
On 06/06/2021 19:40, T i m wrote:

ALL the medial health practitioners recommend you
cut down on meat and increase the consumption of fruit, veg, nuts etc.

At one time ALL [on T i m ' s scale] medical practitioners recommended
smoking as it had a mild antiseptic effect and so warded off colds and
flu.

It was also a good appetite suppressant,

I think that's the reason many (young) girls took up smoking. ;-(

and, pipe smoking kept midges
away.

I should have taken it up when camping at Ft William! We asked one of
the wardens at the site if he was a 'local' and if he had a cure for
the midges ... he said yes and then pulled his sleeve up (displaying a
load of bites) and added if he could find a cure he would make a
fortune! ;-)

But, I haven't smoked since 1988.

I've never smoked (never saw the point ... it stinks, is expensive,
dangerous (fires), anti-social, wasn't affected by peer-pressure etc)
but the Mrs did from quite young and stopped when it looked like we
were going to be 'a couple' (30+ years ago now so a similar period to
you).

Cigarette smoke / fumes used to make my eyes sting, cigar smoke /
fumes used to make me feel sick whilst some pipe smoke could be fairly
aromatic.

Cheers, T i m