Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Samsung TV & soundbar

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 15:13:05 -0400, Tekkie© wrote:

Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart tv
(whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection for the sound
bar when I hooked one up about 18 months later-out of warranty, so I don't LG
again. We called it Loser Grade at work...

I am looking at Samsung TV's Can anyone give me advice on what to buy? Basic or
more features? What is a "Smart TV". What do the various screen types provide
that would benefit us? Should I buy last years model? Should I get a Samsung
sound bar? Looking at the Samsung site is like the tilt o whirl.

I am disabled so unpacking and setup must be done by others so a Walmart or
similar buy would be out of the question.

Let the thoughts flow, thanks in advance.

Like everyone says the easy answer to streaming is an add on box. It
can be a fire/roku/I-sumpin or just about any old PC running W/7 and
up.
As for the sound bar, some TVs will have the digital off as the
default or make you select speaker or digital. Somewhere buried in
accessibility there is usually the option to turn both on at the same
time.