Posted to alt.home.repair

Default PVC for water main?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:13:32 -0700 (PDT), Deguza
wrote:

Hello all,

I have been searching on the Internet to find out if I can use PVC to replace my resting steel main water line. So far nothing definitive came out.

I live in San Jose California, so cold weather is not much of a factor.

My main goal is to get something that does not rust.

Thanks,

Deguza

I agree with Trader. They make a blue (PEX?) line just for that in
3/4" or 1". It is tough, flexible and seamless.Those are good
attributes for something you never want to see again.
PVC is popular here but the ground doesn't move around a lot. They
still use the PEX on new water services.