Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FreeSat.

On 07/06/2021 09:35, alan_m wrote:
In article ,

I'd expect that of the dish. Not sure the tuner does, though.

I looked up the frequencies etc of some UK progs, and did a manual tune
using that data. Said it was adding progs, but still couldn't find them
afterwards.

Freesat is the same cluster of satellites as used by sky and with a
fixed dish tuners all Freesat/Sky/Enigma2/A.N.Other boxes have no
problems getting all available Freesat or Sky or Free to Air Sky
channels from that cluster without having to move a dish. Freesat is
group of TV channels with an over the air 7 day EPG much like the Free
to Air channels from Sky where the 7 day EPG can be obtained by tuning
in to their IEPG channel (comaptable software assumed). Other free to
air channels may only have a broadcast now and next EPP but maybe a
longer period EPG can be obtained from the Internet.

It will be the software behind the tuner that determines how good the
experience with a GUI and associated features.

yeah. anything that will pick up sky will pick up freesat
and there are a lot of 'free' sky channels

From memory just point it at Astra 28.2E...more than one sattelite sits
there. Astra 2E and 2G...

--
€śThere are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isnt true; the
other is to refuse to believe what is true.€ť

€”Soren Kierkegaard