Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FreeSat.

In article ,
williamwright wrote:
Got a new TV which has a built in satellite tuner. Good news in that
it will reduce STB clutter. Although I mainly used FreeView - FTA
satellite just for playing with, as I have a 1 metre dish and rotator.

TV gives me the choice of FreeSat or 'other'. 'Other' allows as many
sats as I want and controls the dish. But unlike the old STB, a very
limited EPG.

So tried FreeSat. Which complains about postcode. Googling says this
comes from Eutelsat 28E, but the progs from Astra 28E

The 'other' list on the new TV gives all the Astras, and several
Eutelsat, but no Eutelsat 28. Set the dish motor to Astra 28, and that
shows 100/100%

The satellites are all clustered together so you can think of them as
one.

I'd expect that of the dish. Not sure the tuner does, though.

I looked up the frequencies etc of some UK progs, and did a manual tune
using that data. Said it was adding progs, but still couldn't find them
afterwards.

--
*War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.