Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

On 6 Jun 2021 19:24:08 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

T i m wrote:
On 6 Jun 2021 18:01:13 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

snip

One of the big advantages for taxi use is regenerative braking.

And all the exceptions re congestion charging. ;-)

Brake
components on EVs and hybrids generally last much longer than ?normal?
cars.

I would be interested to hear from Theo below what speed the breaking
is still mostly mechanical (re urban / motorway driving).

I think you mean “braking”.

Yup, I thought it looked wrong. ;-)

I can’t speak for hybrids but on EVs there is
no “speed limit” for regenerative braking.

Ok.

The limits are the rate of
deceleration that the motor can produce

Well that was the bit I was interested in. If there was a speed below
which electric braking wasn't sufficiently effective (above a walking
speed I mean).

A fully
charged EV won’t do regenerative braking as there’s simply nowhere to put
the energy.

Understood, although I'm guessing it doesn't take many miles to create
some space on a dedicated EV. ;-)

Cheers, T i m