Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 20:21:49 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 18:56:05 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 20:59:46 +0100, FromTheRafters wrote:

snip troll ****

Well, there are cases of whales consenting to let humans untangle them
from nets. They may not understand consent from the other creature's
standpoint though. Some even seem to be thankful afterward.

I freed a couple of sheep with their heads jammed in a fence.

Probably one of DickHeadxx traps. It wasn't Spuke as he doesn't eat
sheep for some reason (or cows) but eats everything else apparently.

Wasn't a trap, it was the fence supposed to be keeping them in.

They let me do it. They did not let the previous person do it. They somehow sensed I would be more careful.

Animals do have a good sense of that ... many have a greater sense of
that than we do (given the range of senses they can use that we don't
even possess).

No dog is ever vicious with me, even when the owner has warned me I'll get my finger removed. I once cuddled a cat while waiting for someone to answer the door, the owner was shocked, she claimed even she had her face clawed if she tried that.

Like our dog is very fussy re who he will approach, let alone allow to
approach / pet him and it's a rare moment indeed when he will just
walk up to someone (a stranger) and indicate he wants to be friends.

When he does these people are generally calm, always dog owners /
lovers and understand that he will give them consent if he is happy /
wants attention.

Then there are people he sees regularly, have never done anything
aggressive towards us or him and yet he will still bark at them. In
most cases they aren't 'comfortable' around dogs and it's obvious he
can sense that.

It's probably down to the aroma they radiate (the smell of fear), if
dogs can detect the residue of Corona virus on someone's T-shirt, even
if worn by someone who doesn't have Covid, even as they walk past the
dog, who know what signals we give off unwittingly?

And for a smallish dog he's got a very loud bark and that has made
many people jump. ;-)

I know one dog I can make very angry by staring at it. Quite funny as I can make it charge at the front door by looking through the window. The hallway is slippery (laminate), it never remembers this and collides with the door at high speed.