xrongor

Default glass top stove heat pad?

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
om...
Ian Stirling wrote:
Greg wrote:
Does anyone make a pad that would go between the pan and the top of
a glass top stove to make up for irregularities in the bottom of the
pan?

Simply pour a thin layer of gallium on the stove.
Then when you turn the ring on, it'll melt, and conform perfectly to
the bottom.
Slight disadvantage is that I think with aluminium pans at high
temperature, you may form an alloy with a low melting point
from the bottom of the pan, so it'll fall out as you lift it.

That won't be a problem... aluminum doesn't heat well on a glass top
stove. Something to do with the control loop for the burners.

the manual for my ceran top specifically says: "aluminum and copper may be
used as a core or base in cookware, however when used as a base it can leave
permanent marks on the cooktop or grates." i was also warned by the person
who sold it to me not to use aluminum cookware on it because he had seen
what it does to the tops.

i dont know of any, but that pad sounds like a good idea.

randy