Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

In article ,
polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Saturday, 5 June 2021 at 12:34:04 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Before using the web service, I could just phone my surgery for a
repeat prescription (but of course phones can be busy) or email them.
And they sent the prescription (electronically, I'd guess) to the
chemist of my choice. Which they kept on file as my preferred one.

That guess might be true, but might not. The four National Health
Services across the four nations have different ways of handling these
things. Some still handle physical paper prescriptions.

Do you mean if you need a repeat prescription, you have to go to your
surgery to pick it up, as once was the case? Which of the four still need
that?

If only paper, a repeat would have to be posted to the chemist of your
choice. With more cost and delay.

--
*It sounds like English, but I can't understand a word you're saying.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.