Posted to alt.home.repair
B. Les White B. Les White is offline

Default 2004 xterra woes

On 6/5/21 7:12 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 05:07:40 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 9:01:39 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
Simple, crude test is to use a rolled up newspaper to gently try to stop the fan
from spinning. When it's cold the clutch should be mostly free, so that the newspaper
easily slows the fan down and stops it. When it's hot, it's much harder to slow down with
the newspaper. That translates into the fan spinning slower when it's cold, faster when it's
hot. If it's not working right, you could have low airflow when it's hot.

Did the Taste Of Home magazine test. Could not stop it cold nor hot. Shredded my magazine.
30 min in driveway, no overheating.

When I was a kid, my friend and I each stopped a spinning fan by hand.
Being boys, we always wanted to find ways to prove how tough we were.

From the intake or discharge side?