Chuck Yerkes

Default Best Exterior Paint?

Rich wrote:

I agree, that's why I'm going all out on the prep work (pressure washing the
whole house, putting Zinnser's Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer on all walls) but
trying to find a very good quality Acrylic Latex Exterior paint that's going
to have excellent coverage and last at least 15 years. I live in the
Midwest region so we've got harsh weather conditions (so the paint has to be
very durable). I've looked at Lowe's and found a paint called American
Traditions but know nothing about it? I'm trying to find out people's
experiences with good Exterior Acrylic Latex paints.

"last at least 15 years"

Good luck on that.

Perhaps a vinyl siding or concrete bunker. Maybe.

Otherwise, just plan on painting in 7-10 years. It happens.
Sun harsh. Weather harsh. Paint thin.