Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Samsung TV & soundbar

On 6/5/2021 3:13 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart tv
(whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection for the sound
bar when I hooked one up about 18 months later-out of warranty, so I don't LG
again. We called it Loser Grade at work...

I am looking at Samsung TV's Can anyone give me advice on what to buy? Basic or
more features? What is a "Smart TV". What do the various screen types provide
that would benefit us? Should I buy last years model? Should I get a Samsung
sound bar? Looking at the Samsung site is like the tilt o whirl.

I am disabled so unpacking and setup must be done by others so a Walmart or
similar buy would be out of the question.

Let the thoughts flow, thanks in advance.

Bought my TV from Amazon and they offer a delivery and setup service. I
got a Samsung and sound bar. The sound bar is good quality and I play a
lot of music on the TV, cast from my computer. Both TV and soundbar
are Samsung and work well together.