Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Supply Hose Replacement

"Bob F" wrote in message
On 6/5/2021 4:17 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I'm replacing the water supply hoses on my washer with stainless steel
braided hoses. I notice some models have a 90 degree elbow at one end of
the hoses.

Do these restrict the flow any?

I'm also not sure if the elbow end is attached to the washer or reversed
and attached to the water supply valve. Youtube videos show it both ways.

After several failures over time on Water heater connection hoses, I gave
up on stainless braided hoses. They never seem to last over a couple years
before they leak. I suspect that the stainless is just a sales gimmick and
the hose they use inside it is cheap garbage to make up for it.

I used them on my water heater and they have lasted fine.

On water heaters I use the corrugated metal connectors, and rubber on the
washer, plastic on sinks.