Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Supply Hose Replacement

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 19:17:40 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

I'm replacing the water supply hoses on my washer with stainless steel
braided hoses. I notice some models have a 90 degree elbow at one end of
the hoses.

Do these restrict the flow any?

I'm also not sure if the elbow end is attached to the washer or reversed
and attached to the water supply valve. Youtube videos show it both ways.

I think the 90 elbow is for getting the machine close to the back
wall without kinking or over-bending the hose.
... washer end or wall end depends on your plumbing setup.
They are quite common so I doubt that they restrict the flow
to any extent ..

I'm curious as to why you chose to go to braided SS ?
In my experience - the hose is what lasts the longest -
the valves and the screw-on connections - not so much.
John T.