Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Washing Machine Water Supply Hose Replacement

On 6/5/21 7:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Wade Garrett wrote

I'm replacing the water supply hoses on my washer with stainless steel
braided hoses. I notice some models have a 90 degree elbow at one end
of the hoses.

Do these restrict the flow any?

Yes. but not enough to matter. The washer
at most takes as little longer to fill.

I'm also not sure if the elbow end is attached to the washer or
reversed and attached to the water supply valve. Youtube videos show
it both ways.

Depends on where the tap is, that determines what
works best and doesnt see the hose kinked.

As Rod said, it depends.

The previous owner of our house had installed the 2 faucets "upside
down" (???). IOW the threaded outlet pointing up, not down.

Rather that mess with resoldering them etc, what we did was attach the
straight end of the hose to the faucets, loop the hose up and over and
down to the washer inlets, using the 90 degree elbow ends pointing up,
not down. That way no kinks in hose. Looks odd but works.

We suspended the hoses with rope from drain pipes above.