Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Samsung TV & soundbar

Ralph Mowery wrote
wrote

Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart
tv (whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection
for the sound bar when I hooked one up about 18 months later-out
of warranty, so I don't LG again. We called it Loser Grade at work...

I am looking at Samsung TV's Can anyone give me advice on what to buy?
Basic or more features? What is a "Smart TV". What do the various screen
types provide that would benefit us? Should I buy last years model?
Should
I get a Samsung sound bar? Looking at the Samsung site is like the tilt o
whirl.

I am disabled so unpacking and setup must be done by others
so a Walmart or similar buy would be out of the question.

Let the thoughts flow, thanks in advance.

Check out Best Buy for the TV installation. I don't know if they
still do it,but several years ago I bought a 60 inch TV and two
people came out and set it up , took off all the packing and
even said they would take the old TV if I wanted them to. The
nearest Store to me was about half an hour to 45 minuites away.

The smart TV will connect to the internet by
your wireless internet modem if you have one.

If you are not tech savy you probably do not want to fool with it.

You don't need to be tech savvy, most can manage it fine.