Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default ATTN: Rod Speed: Alexa et al listen in on you.

On 05/06/2021 18:49, Commander Kinsey wrote:

When I worked at a university, we did some studies on voice
recognition.* The main thing I found was more processing power makes a
lot of difference.* One of the systems we had, you could see it thinking
about it, getting a better match as it went along.* A slow processor
can't keep up with a fast talker.* I don't know how good a processor is
in Alexas.

Surely Alexa's processing is done centrally by the Amazon server.

--
Max Demian