Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Long bolts.

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 05/06/2021 16:06, newshound wrote:
On 04/06/2021 14:39, John Rumm wrote:
On 04/06/2021 13:09, Chris Bacon wrote:
I need 240mm M8 coach bolts (or roofing bolts). These do not seem
to be available.

If I use studding (threaded bar), how can I make a coach bold styne
domed head on one end?

Weld a nut on the end, and add enough extra weld so that you can
round it over with a grinder.

Even if you don't have a welder, you can secure the nut fairly
tidyly by allowing the studding to protrude a little and peen it over
with a ball-pein hammer.

Heating the end with a blowtorch would probably help as well...
(especially if you have a MAPP gas torch)

Speaking of MAPP torches.. mine is very hard to ignite on the trigger.
However, I inadvertently pointed the burner upwards recently and it
ignited perfectly!

--
Tim Lamb