derek

Default Power Cuts/Generators yet again

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:09:41 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Huge wrote:
To anyone else - DO NOT DO IT! That is some of the worst advice I have
ever seen.

Yawn. Get a life, eh?

Huge - having a lead lying around under any circumstances with a 13 amp
plug on either end is madness. Unless you keep it in a locked cupboard
along with your shotgun, and treat it like that gun - never let it out of
your sight.

Stoopid Hospital Electricians!

Once our factory in Switzerland ran out of BS1363 13A panel sockets
and shipped a machine to the UK with a continental SHUKO type
accessory outlet and included a SHUKO - IEC mains lead. Stupid
electrician cut the IEC (female) socket off this lead and fitted a 13
amp (male) plug, so he had a lead with a SHUKO plug 13A plug. He
then proceaded to plug the SHUKO plug into the accessory outlet on the
front of the machine and the 13 A plug into the mains and the whole
thing worked except for obvious reasons the mains switch on the front
of the machine was inoperative! The proper power inlet was an IEC
chassis mounted plug at the rear of the machine.

He then phoned us to complain that the mains switch didn't work and
the mains inlet connector was unsafe.. It took quite some time on the
phone for it to dawn on me what he'd done.

Reminds me of a large notice seen on an Amstrad E-Mailer in a store
this week.

"You have ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of getting this to work unless you read
the instruction manual"

DG