Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Samsung TV & soundbar

On 6/5/2021 3:13 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

Hi all, U Tube has decided that my 6 yr old LG 55" tv is not a smart tv
(whatever that is) LG has confirmed this. It had a doa connection for the sound
bar when I hooked one up about 18 months later-out of warranty, so I don't LG
again. We called it Loser Grade at work...

I am looking at Samsung TV's Can anyone give me advice on what to buy? Basic or
more features? What is a "Smart TV". What do the various screen types provide
that would benefit us? Should I buy last years model? Should I get a Samsung
sound bar? Looking at the Samsung site is like the tilt o whirl.

I am disabled so unpacking and setup must be done by others so a Walmart or
similar buy would be out of the question.

Let the thoughts flow, thanks in advance.

I think practically all TV's are smart today. I only have one, a
Samsung, and can access internet wifi and things like Netflix and You
Tube. I have two none smart Samsung's and the Comcast X1 system they
are on also gives internet access to streaming.

A son bought me a sound bar and I put it on one TV and the sound was
great but I found it reverberated upstairs and could be annoying and
removed it.

We have had no problems with the Samsung's we have but biggest is 40
inch and I would like 55 but do not like replacing a perfectly good set.