Takoma Park Volunteer Fire Department Postmaster

Default wire nut connections

Phil Munro wrote:

All of this is interesting to me. It makes one wonder just how good
wire nuts are. YES, I use them. But where old boxes, or small boxes
are in place, I still prefer to solder and tape. Soldered connections
take up less room, and still can come apart nicely when necessary.
I have had occasion to take some of my 30-year old soldered
connections apart, and they are just like new. I have also had
occasion to take some wire nut connections apart, and sometimes they
can be quite hard to remove.
Again, just my opinion. I don't do wiring for pay, --Phil

Phill
Do not use solder on Equipment Grounding Conductor splices. It can fail
and spatter under fault conditions.
--
Tom H