Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 20:59:46 +0100, FromTheRafters wrote:

Fredxx presented the following explanation :
On 04/06/2021 18:30, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 02:59:42 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 01/06/2021 22:16, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 05:36:49 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Yep, I am a carnivore

No you aren't. You are an omnivore that has learned to be able to
digest (some) meat after processing it with fire etc.

You of all people should understand how scurvy comes about!

Quite, which goes to the importance of a natural balanced diet.
and am not stupid enough
to eat nothing but lettuce and cheese etc.

Hardly a 'balanced diet' so well done for that. And the doctor could
well advise you against eating cheese but unlikely to suggest you stop
eating lettuce.

Or may not.

And I don't tell other what they should eat either.

You would if they were holding a knife at your dogs throat.

That is effectively what you do to your dogs, eat this or starve.

But it's not about what people should or shouldn't eat, it's about
what should be considered food to a supposedly advanced species in
2021.

Yep, and advanced species evolved to eat meat and meat products as part
of a healthy, natural balanced diet.

An advanced species recognises other sentient beings and doesn't do
anything to them that he wouldn't do to someone of his own species.

If there was another animal that could understand the concept of consent,
then I might agree with you.

Most animals, even ones that appear sentient to you, are likely to be acting
on pure instinct.

We are more advanced that other species. However, some are parasites, living
off everyone else and contribute nothing to society.

Well, there are cases of whales consenting to let humans untangle them
from nets. They may not understand consent from the other creature's
standpoint though. Some even seem to be thankful afterward.

I freed a couple of sheep with their heads jammed in a fence. They let me do it. They did not let the previous person do it. They somehow sensed I would be more careful.