Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default ATTN: Rod Speed: Alexa et al listen in on you.

When I worked at a university, we did some studies on voice recognition. The main thing I found was more processing power makes a lot of difference. One of the systems we had, you could see it thinking about it, getting a better match as it went along. A slow processor can't keep up with a fast talker. I don't know how good a processor is in Alexas.

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 08:37:26 +0100, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

If you go into the app, it can be good fun to see what you said and what it
thought you said in the history. Hours of laughs.
a lady play radio 2
A lady heard play radio tooth, sorry I cannot find that station here is
rap radio from Belfast.
I invented the names but it is the gist of how it can kind of be counter
intuitive?
Brian