Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Flat roof - again.

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Heavy rain all yesterday shows my flat roof is leaking again. It's felt,
and about 30 years old. Been 'fixed' a few times, but time to replace.

The deck is good quality ply, so hoping that is still fine. All the
flashings etc lead. It was designed by a decent architect, and installed
by his recommended builders and roofers.

Size is approx 3.5 x 4 metre

Anyone give a rough guide as to costs - felt, membrane, glass fibre?

Access is easy so no scaffolding needed.

At my age, even felt done well is likely to see me out. But I'd consider
something better - if I can afford it.

Have a look at *Composite Roof Supplies*. I did a 3m x 2.5m porch roof
for not very much. Strangely, although I have the delivery note, I can
find no record of payment!

There are *how to* instructions he-
https://www.fixmyroof.co.uk/videos-a...lacement/how-t
o-fibreglass-a-roof/